Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VPN Help required

• Please log in to reply

Stephen_K

Stephen_K

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I hope someone can help.

I have switched from Orange to Talk Talk and they have sent me through an Echolife HG520b wireless router.

When I browse the internet for normal usage it works fine.

Howver, when I connect to my work place VPN, the router resets after a few minutes. The router only does this when I connect to my work VPN.

I have used the VPN on Orange and elsewhere on wireless routers for the last year without any problems.

Also, I have tried speaking to Talk Talk and they seem unable or unwilling to help.

Can anyone help me configure my router or can they suggest what the problem might be?

A few suggestions so far have been the router is not compatible with VPN or Talk Talk are blocking the connection in some way. I have asked Talk Talk these questions and haven't received an answer.

Advertisements