Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help. T_T Vaio Problems.

• Please log in to reply

jiberishboi

jiberishboi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Sony Vaio VGN-CR354. When i got it it had a Vista OS nut I didn't like it so I tried to install Xp instead. After the installation completes it rebbots but just to freeze up on the Windows Xp loading screen. What should I do? Getting frustrated -_-.

I've also tried reinstalling and have already reformatted the drive.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello jiberishboi...

I've been searching for XP drivers for that machine and have found none. It may be that the machine won't run XP as it was designed specifically for Vista.

What kind of disk did you use to do the XP installation? Was it and OEM disk or a Retail version?

wannabe1

jiberishboi

jiberishboi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yay I successfully installed it. ^_^ I found this site which had Xp drivers for VGN-CR3 Vaio's. Downgrade drivers. I decided to totally wipe out all the data on my Hd haha... After an entire night of frustration it's all good. :)

Thanks for replying though wannabe1! This site rocks btw!

-jiberishboi

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Glad you got it sorted. :)

Thanks for letting us know...