Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Dragon Contest ... prize didn't arrive :(

• Please log in to reply

dv3

dv3

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Nice day to all..

Well, let me just tell you my story ..

It began with the "HP Dragon Contest Giveaway" , in the month of May this year.. , well here at 'geekstogo' they gracefully offer 2nd prizes (wich was a Full Retail Windows Vista Ultimate).

Well, i enter the contest, wich consisted in sending a picture with the geekstogo Logo printed, in a way that described this website.. so i took a picture of me carrying a lot of computer books in a workers 'truck'.

I got an email from the Administrator, telling me that i won !! :wave: .. i couldn't believe it!! , never have i won anything :) ...

so i gave him my details.. and he nicely reply to me.. and all i had to do was wait for my windows vista to get to my mail :help:.

Well, May, June , July, August, September Past by.. and nothing.. no prize for me :) .. i decided to email again the site administrator to tell me if i did something wrong (with my address) cause the price didn't arrive, if something was wrong.. he reply to me, telling me that he did NOT was the person in charge of delivering the prizes.. but he nicely forward my email to the person , who he told me it was the site owner..

So, here i am again.. September has past, October, Now. November.. and no prize.. bye bye Vista Retail..

Why? , why didin't receive my prize?, they told me i have won.. i'm very dissapointed, i'm sad.. not because i didn't get the Vista.. but because i never have won ANYTHING.. and back in time when i receive the Email from geekstogo telling me i had Won.. i Felt very HAPPY!!. i couldn't believe it!!.. i told all my friends!!.. but now??

Well.. i wish this doesn't happend to anyone.. yes, maybe there was a paper error somewhere.. but.. i think.. that at least deserved an email.. with a note telling that there wasn't going to be a prize after all.. that's all i ask now.

Making me wait for the mail.. for almost 6 months.. i think .. its very bad. people don't deserve that treath..

I don't know if this Topic will be erased, so members don't se it.. i hope not. i'm not asking for a prize anymore.
just, that people could be more error free in their processes.

as i final note, i don't think i'll be entering anymore contest, not just here.. but in the internet business..
i'm not judging anyone, don't have that power as a human, just.. people.. if you win a contest, please dont get to entusiastic.. until you really now that you have won.

have a nice weeekend. and hope to see you soon.. to all.

Contest:
http://www.geekstogo...ragon-notebook/

Winner:
http://www.geekstogo...nt-t198966.html

Me :) -- dv3 -- POST : 161
http://www.geekstogo...67#entry1241467

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello dv3...

Your topic will certainly not be erased...rather, we will work with you to see that your prize is awarded to you as promised.

I've asked our Site Administrator to look at this topic and I'm sure he'll look into why your prize was not delivered.

I'm sorry that your experience here has been less than "rewarding", but I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it.

wannabe1

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I understand your concerns, and apologize. We waited months for a shipping address, and were surprised when you finally contacted us wondering about the status of your prize. It was shipped immediately, directly from Microsoft. I have no idea what happened to it. I should have a UPS tracking number, and will investigate. I still have your address, and will mail you another copy at my earliest convenience.

Again, congratulations on winning, and please accept my apologies for the delays. Please update us when you get it. :)

dv3

dv3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
nice day to all..

I would like to point some things..

** I would like to thank the people in GTG for not erasing my post.

** You said you've "We waited months for a shipping address" , i really don't get that.. I was sent a message that i've won.. in my Inbox (right Here, still got it in my Inbox), i immediately reply to it, and still i've got another reply from it.. and i reply it AGAIN.. all messages in the same 1 or 2 days (back in May) :S
that's the hole reason of my concern when you say.. "We waited months for a shipping address", (i still hold the reply messages in my Inbox), and have the nick of the person who contact me.. BUT, i will NOT POST or TELL the person that contact me (from GTG), cause, im NOT pointing the finger at ANYONE, or Jugde someone, as i said before .. i would like to keep peace of mind assuring that the problem was a human/technological error of data.

** I would like to thank the people concern (GTG) about getting my prize reward (SURE i would gaddly accep it), BUT, BUT, this time and for the rest of time, like i said.. i will not be waiting for the prize to get to my mail.. if it arrives.. (thank you), if it does not (thank you).

All i wanted with this email (POST) was that people could read it and make conciessnes about what could happend in the process of contests.. ;

As a final note, i would like to send a THANK YOU NOTE, to ALL the people who support End USers with their computer problems, this is a great site as i've read in the forums (with the thank you situations), so, GTG Keep it going!! :)

dv3

dv3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
UPDATE

Well.. after long months .. Vista Ultimate Retail finally arrived at my address as a 2nd. prize for the contest..

Thank's to all
(But, i really aprecciate you "admin" for taking the time for my situation)

Best regards..

Edited by dv3, 27 November 2008 - 04:57 PM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Sheesh! I sent you a PM immediately after I noticed that I might have mailed the wrong copy. Yes, I do have more than one on my desk. As soon as you replied, I also offered to pay to send that one back, and mail you a copy of Windows Ultimate Signature edition (new, full retail, unopened of course). I apologize for the error. Yes, I am human. I really don't know what else you expect me (us) to do.

I am actually growing quite tired of your complaining. We waited months for your shipping address. Your prize was mailed shortly thereafter. An error was made, and will be corrected. This will certainly give me pause when considering any additional prizes in the future.

dv3

dv3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i apologize.. don't miss understood me..

i wrote that post BEfore i got you PM today..

sincerely thank you for the time and support.