Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Installer Problem!

• Please log in to reply

Novok

Novok

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Firstly, I have had Ghost Recon original for years, and decided it's still one [bleep] of a great tactical shooter, so I wanted to buy the two expansions, Desert Seige and Island Thunder I found them both, + the original game in the Gold Pack, so bought a new one from play.

The original has run on my computer without a slight problem. The Desert Seige and Island Thunder however, are just flatly refusing to install! Basically, my installer starts, get's to the 0% bar, and then after 3/4 seconds of doing nothing, it then brings up the "Installation Complete". I run the game, and it's more than clear that the game hasn't installed!

I've tried running as Administrator and XP service Pack 2, even though the game does say "Vista Compatable".
I also considered that maybe I would need to reinstall the original game from the CD that has Island Thunder and Desert seige on, so I tried uninstalling the original game, and it does exactly the same, the 0% bar, followed by "Complete", and the game is still very much on my computer!

I've tried installing other games and they work fine. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? I am desperate since tonight I have a lan party and we're playing this game! If anyone has an idea, it would be MUCH appreciated!

Specs:
2gb Ram
2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo
8400 Nvidia 256 Graphics
Vista Service pack 1

If anyone needs more info I can provide more!

Thanks!

(REALLY APPRECATE ANY COMMENT - EVEN JUST "I HAVE NO IDEA"! :) )

Advertisements

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Hello Novok,

Only thing that's seems to be the same on google is an install error with a '6001' code.

Does your install not have an error code or anything?

Novok

Novok

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Nope, there is no error code at all, my computer says that is has installed when it just hasn't done anything. Like with my friends, the game install menu changes to "Uninstall" after it has been installed, whereas mine just still says "Install" instead of changing which totally doesn't make sense, and what makes it worse is the lack of error code! If there was a code, it would be easy to find out what is wrong! =(

Any other ideas?

Edited by Novok, 08 November 2008 - 12:29 PM.

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Well, i've searched, and searched some more... nothing.

Try another machine if you have one. If that doesn't help, then you're stuck in the same boat as a few of us with a unique problem that's not easy to solve. Then again we are on the best website for fixing stuff so patience can be good too. :)