Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Worm Took Over My Outlook Address Book!

• Please log in to reply

Gullible

Gullible

• Pip
  • 1 posts
What do I have? Is there a name for it? Several friends, who are all contacts in my Outlook contacts (maybe now ex-friends) informed me that my yahoo e-mail address sent them a spam e-mail. This happened on my work computer and it has happened twice in the past two months. I thought I had it cleared up before when my Symantec antivirus caught something the first time it happened, but now this! The only other information I can give you is the first time this happened was shortly after I did a trial of GoToMyPC in order to be able to access my work computer from home. Suspecting this was the problem, I quickly canceled and deleted the GoToMyPC software. Here is the second e-mail that was sent out (pasted from right after the last recipient e-mail address):

MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-379453042-1226005803=:20073"
Message-ID: <[email protected]>

--0-379453042-1226005803=:20073
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi friend:
i would like to introduce a good company who trades mainly in electornic products.Now the company is under sales promotion,all the products are sold nearly at its cost.They provide the best service to customers,they provide you with original products of good quality,and what is more,the priceis asurprising happiness to you!It is realy agoodchance for shopping.just grasp the opportunity,Now or never!
The web address: www.gvccn.com
you can have a look ,it's very nice!
--0-379453042-1226005803=:20073
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" ><tr><td valign="top" style="font: inherit;"><DIV>Hi friend:</DIV>
<DIV>i would like to introduce a good company who trades mainly in electornic products.Now the company is under sales promotion,all the products are sold nearly at its cost.They provide the best service to customers,they provide you with original products of good&nbsp; quality,and what is more,the priceis a surprising happiness to you!It is realy agoodchance for shopping.just grasp the opportunity,Now or never!<BR>The web address: <A href="http://www.gvccn.com....com</A><BR>you can have a look ,it's very nice!</DIV></td></tr></table>
--0-379453042-1226005803=:20073--

Advertisements