Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer is meowing.

• Please log in to reply

wynnyelle

wynnyelle

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
I own a Dell XPS with Vista. Recently I've been having some issues. I get this meowing sound like someone singing "Meow!" on my computer out of nowhere.

I'm also getting these really annoying messages popping up in the lower right corner of my screen saying I have one message always from these girls I don't know and have never contacted, flirting with me and usually with [bleep] icons. Today I got 7 in a row. I checked all my emails as well as turned off all messaging from playlist.com which I do frequent. But I don't go on Myspace or any of that crap... I did check Playlist.com inbox and there were no messages so I don't understand why it told me 7 times I had messages. All these were purportedly from girls in my hometown, btw.

I really would like it to stop.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello wynnyelle...

Sounds like a malware infection to me...

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions found there.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself...then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum. Be patient, the Malware Forum is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual. Do not reply to or bump your own topic. If it shows a reply it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

wannabe1

andrewuk

andrewuk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,297 posts
i have got it.

lets see what we find.......

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Thanks andrewuk :)

wynnyelle

wynnyelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Thanks guys!

and yes, I checked. All my cats are accounted for :)