Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Nothing connects to internet except IE and Limewire

• Please log in to reply

APTL

APTL

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Wondering if someone knows what is wrong

For one thing, i am currently using Avira Antivir Personal- Free Antivirus as my antivirus program, but it needs to update. when i try to update it, it says "Internet Connection Failed". and the only reason i dowloaded Avira was because i had AVG Free and it was having the same problem-couldnt update.

Another problem is with the Zune Marketplace software. I can open it, but i cant do anything that needs internet connection (i cant browse the marketplace or login). when i go to zune.net i can log in just fine.

Also, my firefox is not working. i am currently using Internet Explorer, which for some reason is working. When i try to use firefox, it says "Failed to Connect-Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.google.com" or whatever website you try to go on.

I am using Vista

I have another computer not even 5 feet away from this one and it is an XP and everything seems to be working fine there.

My Internet explorer and Limewire both work fine.

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
We always recommend that members do not use LimeWire or any other P2P file-sharing software. Apart from the fact that they are often used to download files illegally, they are also the number one cause of infecting your PC with malware which antivirus programs cannot detect.
Your problems could be malware-related, especially since you are unable to update your antivirus (a classic symptom of some types of malware).

Please go here: http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

Scroll down to "Step Five - Posting a HijackThis Log"

Download and run HijackThis and post it's log to that forum only.

APTL

APTL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Ok i downloaded hijack this and saved the logs and the uninstall list log. do i just copy the notepads and paste them here or can/do i attach the logs?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
You need to post them in the malware removal forum, not here

Don't attach them as well

APTL

APTL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts