Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Inspiron 600M Laptop

• Please log in to reply

civiccrazy

civiccrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
The laptop runs great except when I play Age of Empires 3. After about 30 minutes of playing the bottom gets really hot and it gets really slow where i can barely play the game. Is there anything i can do so I can play the game normal? and so i won't get so hot?

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Dell Inspiron 600M Laptop
Intel Pentium M 1.6 GHz
1.25 GB Ram
80 GB HD
Windows XP Home

I just put a new HD in about six months ago and loaded a fresh copy of XP onto it. Just put the RAM in about 2 weeks ago when I bought the game. Had 512 MB before that

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
It sounds like it may just be working too hard. What do you have the laptop sitting on? Is it on your lap, or on a hard, flat surface? What are your graphics settings like? Do you notice the fan spinning while you're playing the game?

civiccrazy

civiccrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I have had it sitting on both my lap and a hard flat surface, and it does the same thing both places. The fan is spinning while i am playing the game, not all of the time but most of time. I dont know if this is what you want abou the graphics settings, but the resolution is 1024 X 768. 96 DPI. Mobility Radeon 9000

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
I actually mean the settings inside of the game. It could be that the game is trying to make the laptop think too hard.

Here is a page from agecommunity.com that can help you increase performance in Age of Empires, meaning that your laptop won't be taxed as hard.

civiccrazy

civiccrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I will try to mess around with those setting tonight. And I wil let you know.

civiccrazy

civiccrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I changed what setting I could. I just played the game for about 10 minutes then it got really slow!! Is there anything I could upgrade to make it work? or anything else i could change?