Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to change default email program for sending/or receving

• Please log in to reply

evefriday

evefriday

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I usually look at the web site of my email provider before allowing emails to come to my computer. I have recently upgraded to a new computer and now Vista is my operating system. Now I can not do this.

I would like to be able to send an email without all the emails downloading to my computer. In other words only sending with my email program, Incredimail and then receiving when I open up Microsoft Office Outlook those that I want to actually stay on my computer.
Your help is appreciated.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Vista changes nothing when it comes to opening emails on a website, it's exactly the same process.
The other querry would be the programs you mention are designed to send and receive email when you fire them up because they're email clients. They're supposed to do that. You can usually change the behaviour of the programs in their respective options not to send/receive.

evefriday

evefriday

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Vista changes nothing when it comes to opening emails on a website, it's exactly the same process.
The other querry would be the programs you mention are designed to send and receive email when you fire them up because they're email clients. They're supposed to do that. You can usually change the behaviour of the programs in their respective options not to send/receive.

Thanks for responding but how is what I do not know.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I am unclear...are you unable to go to the incredimail website to look at your emails? Or are you unable to receive the ones you want when you open Outlook?

evefriday

evefriday

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Before I added Incredimail I could go to my cable site .....net and see my emails, delete the ones I did not want to come to my computer. This way only what I wanted would ever come to my personal computer. Now even before I go to the web site everything is downloading to my computer without my even asking for it.
What I want is if I want to send an email while online the program that pulls up will not download all my emails from the web site while emailing what I wanted to send out.
Now microsftoft office outlook is not getting any info at all.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
The only thing, I know about Incredimail is, that it's not a good email program (to put it mildly).
As of other email programs, I'm familiar with, every single one has an option to download, or not new mail upon opening.