Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The memory could not be "written", Startup Help

• Please log in to reply

Lukiez

Lukiez

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys so i am having a problem

Just befor my computer started up fine, was working on it with no problems, then i got errors that read

"svchost.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x00e04651" referenced memory at "0x00e04651". The memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program"

so i clicked ok because i do not have the choice which then brings up the same error msg for
(This now happens everytime straight after i logon with my password at startup)

Explorer.EXE
MCI command handling window: winlogon.exe
services.exe
svchost.exe x2
userinit.exe x2

sometimes the error msg will pop up 1 second after i see the desktop icons ect, sometimes it doesnt even get to the desktop and stays on the log in screen. I have tryed ctrl+alt+del but the task manager does not come up, i tried booting in safe mode which just ends up restarting my computer befor it actually gets in there, i want to try fix this rather than reformat as i have many items on my computer i need.

Also the only new programs i have installed is HP Printer software which came with the new printer and SP3 about 4 days ago

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Luke

Edited by Lukiez, 09 November 2008 - 05:53 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi Lukiez ...welcome to Geeks To Go... :) its either the HP Printer software and /or SP3...you need to uninstall both...but if you can't even boot into safe mode to do it you will have to repair xp...lowdown is here..

Edited by happyrock, 11 November 2008 - 10:45 AM.