Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Word 2003 Constantly Crashes

• Please log in to reply

Chadwick

Chadwick

• Pip
  • 2 posts
For a while now, probably 3 months, Word has been randomly crashing when I use it. Sometimes it will be when I first load it up and sometimes it will be after I've been typing for 45 minutes. I receive an error box that says:

"Microsoft Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The information you were working on might be lost. Microsoft Office Word can try to recover it for you.

*Checkbox* Recover my work and restart Microsoft Office Word

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.

We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Microsoft Office Word. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous."

Then it has the stupid "Send Error Report" and "Don't Send" buttons. So basically yoru normal error message for Windows.

Any help it all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

-Zack

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It could be worth sending the error report in case it does actually have a reason.

Click help in any Office programme then detect and repair.

Have you run Office Update?

If you have backed up your mail in Outlook or do not have mail you need to keep, then removing Office, running Tune Up Trial to clean the disc and the registry of obsolete entries, defragging the drive then re-installing Office would be a good move

Tune Up Trial

Chadwick

Chadwick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've sent the error report about 75 times haha... Thanks for the advice though, I'll be sure to try it :tazz:

fatbuoy

fatbuoy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I've sent the error report about 75 times haha... Thanks for the advice though, I'll be sure to try it :)

Did you ever get this resolved? I have exactly the same problem now and have no idea how to resolve it.....I have tried running the detect and repair....tried removing and re-installing office etc etc. mine crashes approx every 5 mins, so you can imagine how difficult this makes it to use!

graberg

graberg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I'm having the same problem with Word constantly crashing after being on for about 5 minutes. I've installed all the service packs for Office 2003.