Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error when trying to format

• Please log in to reply

Domigan

Domigan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm having trouble formatting my computer. I'm booting from a windows xp home edition cd. It starts by loading some setup files. Then it says its starting up windows and thats where the error occurs. The error code i get is "STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0XC0000034, 0x000000000, 0x000000000)."

I've tried the cd on another computer and it doesn't get hung up there. I also tried running the cd with only the video card, motherboard, cpu, and ram but ran into the same error. I ran a anti virus program with no negative results. I ran a check disk but that came back with no problems either. I ran a POST test and that came back with no errors. The model of my motherboard is an ASUS P5LD2.

I'm not sure what else to do as I'm not to technically savvy myself. If anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103