Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express Compress Files Window

• Please log in to reply

cbproact

cbproact

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

Everytime I start my laptop, I get a window from Outlook Express asking if I want to compress files/emails now. I don't use Express and never have. I use Outlook 2003 (Windows XP Pro). All updates are in and running on SP3.

I hit cancle/do not compress each time. I've tried to uninstall Express, but it won't let me. Is there any way to get this window from coming up? I don't want to compress my emails b/c I'm afraid my emails in Outlook 2003 will be removed.

Thanks,
Carolyn

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Go to Add/Remove programs in Control Panel. Click, on the left side, Add/Remove windows components. Uncheck Outlook Express and confirm. Check if the message is gone.