Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

N Wireless Will Not Connect

• Please log in to reply

topmentor

topmentor

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm a new Geekstogo member...what a great community here!

I'm having some trouble with my wireless connection. I use a Belkin N Wireless to connect to a D-Link. Here's the crazy thing that I'm having problems with...I have two user accounts on the computer and one can connect no problem to get onto the internet. However, the other account cannot connect to the same network.

Here's where it get's strange...I know that the Belkin N Wireless works because 1) it works perfectly with the other user account and 2) the "problem" user account can connect to a neighbors open network and get on the internet.

For some reason, the "problem" user account cannot connect to my network (SSID).

Any ideas why this would be happening or is there an on/off checkbox that I'm missing somewhere in windows?

I've removed and added the profile in the Belkin network utility manager while logged into the "problem" user account but have had no luck.

Any ideas and help out there? :)

Advertisements

cmmottau

cmmottau

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Wow! Did you solve your issue? I am a new member and have been working for several days to try and solve a similar problem. The only difference is that I have a Linksys router but the problem is the same. I have been on the phone with Linksys, reset my router but, whenever I restart my computer I can not log on to my network without connecting to an unsecured network first.

I hope someone can help; thanks,
Cathy :) :)