Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with Windows Movie Maker

• Please log in to reply

drlong2u

drlong2u

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have been using Windows Movie Maker to join movie segments together, and it seems to be about the best of the free programs of this sort that I have found. Nothing fantastic, but functional.

Recently, however, this program has stopped working (it will not import files), and I am not sure what to do for it. I tried re-downloading the program and installing it again, but this has not helped any. Any ideas what I can do-- either to repair this program, or is there a better one?

I am using Windows XP with Service Pack 3.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Recently, however, this program has stopped working...

Did it stop working after upgrading to SP3? In any case, if this is truly "recent", you might try a System Restore to a date when it was working.