Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New build, , cant get bios to load ?

• Please log in to reply

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi all, ,
Have just put together my first pc build and so far so good i think !

ASUS P5Q PRO motherboard.
I will be installing VISTA PREMIUM 64 BIT OS

Everything appears to have installed correctly, and all seems to be working.
Cpu , cd drive , sata drives and ram are all identified in system , , not getting any warning beeps and there is no smoke coming from anywhere ! !

The problem is when i turn the pc on , , , this is what i get ? ?

WELCOME TO ASUS MOTHERBOARD MAKE DISK FOR DOS MENU
a) intel ICH10R 32 BIT AHCI/RAID DRIVER DISK
b) intel ICH10R 64 BIT AHCI/RAID DRIVER DISK
c) freeDOS comand prompt
please choose a~ c:

I have inserted the dvd disk that came with the motherboard but it doesnt seem to want to load settings etc, ,

Or am i doing this all wrong, , , the asus manual seems to be making a llot about a floppy disk or flash disk ? ?

Please, , any advice would be fantastic, , its great to have gotten this far without breaking anything , , but this is when the problems arrise i suppose ?

Edited by rxkevco, 11 November 2008 - 03:53 AM.

Advertisements

rxkevco

rxkevco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Wel i am not getting anywhere so i have decided to try and load vista first, then sort out the dvd that came with the motherboard.
Am not sure if this is the correct way to start a new build for the first time, , but hel, was getting nowhere with the mb dvd.

Windows starts to load files, and then gets to the language screen , ,select english uk etc, , , then takes me to the product key window, , , i put in the product key and that goes well , , then, when it comes to the screen to select which drive to install on, it all looks ok. i/e, the 3 sata drives are all there and recognised, but, when i select the 1st 320gb drive to install on, it cant find the drivers for the hdd.

I am stuck at this window and cant get any further, , i have tried putting in the mb driver disk to see if set up can find the drivers on there,, but no , , just goes back to the select a drive routine.

Am stuck, , please, help

rxkevco

rxkevco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Wel i am not getting anywhere so i have decided to try and load vista first, then sort out the dvd that came with the motherboard.
Am not sure if this is the correct way to start a new build for the first time, , but hel, was getting nowhere with the mb dvd.

Windows starts to load files, and then gets to the language screen , ,select english uk etc, , , then takes me to the product key window, , , i put in the product key and that goes well , , then, when it comes to the screen to select which drive to install on, it all looks ok. i/e, the 3 sata drives are all there and recognised, but, when i select the 1st 320gb drive to install on, it cant find the drivers for the hdd.

I am stuck at this window and cant get any further, , i have tried putting in the mb driver disk to see if set up can find the drivers on there,, but no , , just goes back to the select a drive routine.

Am stuck, , please, help