Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firewall issues with new ISP

• Please log in to reply

Duke of Savings

Duke of Savings

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a dilemma! We put a new T-1 line in at a branch location. When I tried to set the Gateway IP for the WAN and the WAN IP with the new ones from the ISP we cannot reach the Internet. I can hook my laptop directly to the router (FE0/0 port) with a Crossover cable, bypassing the firewall and set my IP address to one of the public IP’s from the ISP and the WAN IP as my gateway, I can get out to the Internet; so I’m figuring that the firewall isn’t passing through the requests from the LAN gateway to the WAN gateway, but I can’t seem to find the culprit. I can ping the LAN gateway IP but not the WAN IP, and I can ping both of the DNS server IP’s from the ISP. Do you have any ideas on where to start looking?

Advertisements

Reddoug

Reddoug

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
What about the access control list? That could be blocking you.

Doug

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
yeah...do you have any NAT rules in place that haven't been modified?