Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

welcome

• Please log in to reply

boo5790

boo5790

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
hey all, i'm wondering if there is a way to bypass the welcome screen on windows xp when the system is booting up. its not a major issue but if i can pypass it during bootup i will. thanks for the assistance

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Try going to the Control Panel, and clicking "User Accounts." Click on the link that says "Change the way users log on or off." Then uncheck "Use the Welcome Screen." If you don't have a password, it should automatically log right in for you. :)

boo5790

boo5790

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
hi jt1990, thanks for the info. i appreciate it. it was pretty simple to do but the last time i tried something not knowing i got myself in some trouble so i figure its better to ask some experience to be sure. system restores dont always fix the the problems. thanks again. :)

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
An alternate way of doing it can be found here in a Microsoft article.
It does require using the registry so anyone that uses it should be very careful with what they are doing.

Regards,
Olrik