Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Annoying Start up menu issue

• Please log in to reply

R0dders

R0dders

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Evening all,

Just signed up to here after a friend recommended it to me.
Right, some numpty i.e. Me! Decided to move a few files around my hard drive, then realised i didnt like there new locations so moved them back to their original locations. Now the problem is, the links on the start up menu (for those folders) don't work. Just need to know how to get them working again. The folders that have been affected are -
  • Music
  • Pictures

Posted Image

Cheers all

Attached Thumbnails

• problem.jpg

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Follow the instructions here and see if you can get it back to the default setting:
http://www.vistax64....uts.html?filter[11]=Taskbar%20Start%20Menu

tws

tws

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hopefully that worked, looks like a great site. I could have done with that, when I tried to rename one to 'Downloads' things went from bad to worse. Vista think it knows better than me, you cannot simply rename it without it merging folders, duplicating them, etc. A lesson to all I guess!