Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista x64 wont install on sata drive , cant find drivers ?

• Please log in to reply

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi all, , ,
Major, major problem with my new build pc

Am trying to install Vista x64 on a 320gb sata drive , , i have another 2 500gb sata drives but i have disconected them for the time being to make things easier to sort out.
The MB is an ASUS P5Q PRO and has 4gb geil pc2 8500 ram and a Q6600 CPU.

In the bios everything shows up as it should.

When i install vista, it goes thru to just past the product key page, then asks for the drivers for the hdd.
I have tried putting in a disc with the ICH10R drivers on it, but it cant find the drivers. I have put them on a flash drive and still vista cant find them.

I am at my wits end, , am all set to go, , but vista isnt having any of it.

Advertisements

rxkevco

rxkevco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Anyone ! :)

rxkevco

rxkevco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Right , , i have made some progress, , but also encountered another problem along the way :)

After 12 hrs of messing around, i decided to install vista and this time, didnt put in the product key.
Vista x64 installed first time no problem ? ? very strange, , but it installed.
After full installation, i opted to put in the product key then, ,which it accepted without problem, , i will have to activate over the pone as it wont activate online, but i expected this to be honest.
I was then able to install the motherboard drivers successfully as well.

The problem that as cropped up is, , , only the 320gb sata drive with the OS on it has showed up in the system !
The two 500gb sata drives that i reconnected after the successful installation arent there to be seen anywhere ?
They are enebled in the bios, but cant see them anywhere else

Any ideas ?