Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

uninstalling microsoft office 2007

• Please log in to reply

stipower

stipower

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
I tried uninstalling microsoft office student 2007 off my computer cause i dont have a key and want to use microsoft office 2003. It wouldn't let me uninstall it in the add remove programs so i did the dumb thing of finding the folder and just deleting it. When i installed office 2003 everytime i open up microsoft word 2003 or any of the 2003 programs it opens up the microsoft 2007 version and i cant use it cause i dont have a key!!!! How do i completly remove office 2007?

my computer has windows xp home sp 3

Edited by stipower, 11 November 2008 - 12:48 PM.

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
You will have to repair the Office2007 by re-installing it. Then, it should be removable via the add -remove control panel, but it does have several components. Did your system come with Office2007 pre-installed? I made the mistake of trying to install an older version of office without fully deleting the Off2007 version and hit the same problem you're having. If you don't have an Office 2007 installation CD, you may try using system restore to roll back your system to before you deleted the Office2007 files. If that restores your Off2007, review the Add-Remove for everything that mentions Office 2007, (activation - compatibility). The pre-installed version throws lots of stuff in, just in case you need it later. Hope this helps.