Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reinstalled XP now new problems...help!

• Please log in to reply

Ferrante

Ferrante

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
I had contracted a few viruses a few weeks ago. Today, I did a complete fresh XP installation on my HP computer using their restore discs. I chose the option that erased everything. Everything seemed to go OK and I installed other programs and everything seems OK. Now comes the problems. Every time I reboot, the icons and everything look very faint. Initially I changed the resolution and that seemed to do the trick. Again, I rebooted and the same thing. All the icons I had placed at various positions on the desktop are no longer there but all aligned in a left side row. I cannot understand what is going on and I am hopeful someone here can help me. And thanks in advance for doing so.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Right-click on the Desktop... choose Arrange Icons By from the menu... Uncheck "Auto Arrange"

FYI... Auto Arrange will automatically align all icons to the left of your desktop.

Ferrante

Ferrante

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
Auto arrange is not checked. I am running NOD 32 and it had a red alert 3 times saying something about a "HP Pavillion_spring06.exe Any idea what that could be? I cannot find anything on it.
Edit/Delete Message

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Why don't you continue in your original thread: http://www.geekstogo...55#entry1371455 ?

haik4096

haik4096

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hay Dude !
I think your system was suffering from .dll file !
I am sure that from your system drive some .dll file was missed so from that this error will occur from your Windows XP !
From my suggestion you Reinstalled your XP version in service pack 2 !!

I am sure this error will not occur !!!

Thank You