Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best Processor

• Please log in to reply

rayneman5

rayneman5

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
[size="6"][size="4"]Hey guys.. I have read a bunch of different reviews about what people think are the best processors out there. I find This site usually has the most knowledgable people so i thought i would post here. I am in the market of looking for a new laptop. Most sites seem to say the it is now the Intel Duo Core processor that has taken the lead over AMD processors... is this an accurate statement? I have also been told when buying a new computer to stay away from the Duo Core T3xxx and T5xxx processors because they will soon be outdated and stick with at leaste a T7xxx processor. How accurate is that piece of advice?

I understand that the processor is the main piece to look at when buying a ney laptop.. any advice as to what i should be looking at? or does anybody know of a good machine for a good price?

Thank you for your help

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Laptops are generally slower because the hard drives run slower. Therefore the processor becomes pretty much irrelevant and a laptop will never out perform a desktop.
What you've been told generally applies to desktop PCs thought it can apply to laptops too. Realistically most laptop processors end up being underclocked anyway for reasons of battery life.