Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't get the computer to come on.

• Please log in to reply

popey57

popey57

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am trying to work on my mothers computer. It's a Compaq desk top. Its only a few years old. The other day she was having a problem with the DSL server, and I was trying to get it up. The next day she tried to turn it on, and it won't come on the Green power light just blink, in the front and on the power supply box. I have tried turning it off, and rebooting but still nothing. My next step is to take out her power supply box, and put one I have from another computer. I thought I would try the forum first to see if anything similar has happened to anyone else. Thank you for whatever help you give me in advance.
Popey57

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
If there is a light on the back of the power supply and it is blinking that means you have a power issue and that the power supply is probably dead. before you plug in a new power supply you might want to make sure that they have all the same color wires ( compaq has at times used proprietary power supplies or other odd ones... )

popey57

popey57

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for your help. I wasn't exactly sure, but I wanted to make sure if anyone had this problem before. I tried another compaq box, but didn't have all the same plugs for power but did come on. I will look for a new box.
Thanks again!
popey57