Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluetooth headset will not work

• Please log in to reply

sasuke781

sasuke781

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Ok so i have yet another odd problem that i cant seem to figure out, i have a logitech bluetooth receiver and a logitech mx 1000 bluetooth laser mouse and a motorola h500 that i want to sync to my laptop. When starting up ubuntu finds the receiver and loads the bluetooth applet, i have every one of them installed >_> i dont know what ones work and what ones dont, anyway....so the applet loads but i cant sync my mouse that way....i have to unplug and replug the receiver for it to sync my mouse. odd i know.....so obviously the bluetooth applet no longer sees the device as connected and wont until i restart again. so im thinking my problem starts with the receiver and not my other devices. soo...i have no idea what to do to fix this other then post....i await a reply =]

btw i tried to use this for using a bluetooth headset
https://help.ubuntu..../BluetoothSkype

Edited by sasuke781, 12 November 2008 - 09:52 AM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
A couple of people have looked in on this thread, but either don't have experience with Ubuntu, or don't have experience with bluetooth. My own experience with Ubuntu is limited, and I don't have any experience with Bluetooth... :)

My only question is are you able to get all the components working on another computer/operating system? Under your OS list, you've got quite a few there, so do these parts work fine under Window XP for example?

Troy

sasuke781

sasuke781

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Yea i didnt think many people would have experience with this....

Yes the system im trying to get them working with is my laptop which use to run windows xp home, dumped it to dive into linux and this is really the only big issue i've had. I think its just a matter of configuring things and maybe a few program changes but i havent a clue what changes =[