Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

System Pack 2 Wont Install

• Please log in to reply

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Alright so, i just went out and bought a brand new 8 gig ipod nano and i take it home and i can't use it because i dont have itunes 8, so i go to download it and i need system pack 2 for windows xp, so i turn on updates, go to the site and whenever i try and download it, it does this.

omg.JPG

i looked everywhere to try and find why i cant even download it and i found nothing, i even searched the windows site, nothing.

so my question is how can i get this to install, and why isnt it installing?! im good with computers and this is boggling my mind, i downloaded updates off of the same site this exact same way like an hour before i was able to get system pack 2. i have a valid windows cd key, its on the genuine sticker on my computer so i know i dont have a fake key.

can anyone help

Advertisements

skyhintack

skyhintack

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Hi Anthraqz, welcome to Geeks to Go!

There are multiple ways to download Windows XP Service Pack 2, and if the Windows Update feature doesn't seem to work, then might you try manually downloading and installing it.
To do this, follow these steps:
  • Click here to go to the Microsoft XP SP2 Download site.
  • Click on the Download button and wait for it to automatically start, and if not, click on the "Start Download" link.
  • When prompted for download method, please be sure to Save It to somewhere easily accessible (like your desktop).
  • Please be patient, this download is 266 MB, which on a 56K connection (dial-up) would take 10 Hours and 49 Minutes.
  • Once it's been downloaded, go to your download destination and double-click the installer.
  • Follow the wizard and post back with your results (Worked, Didn't work...)

Thanks,
~Sky

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
You have to restart your computer for it to install

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Also, before you even attempt to install SP2, make sure your computer is malware, garbage free, and defragged.
Since you don't have SP2, you don't have any firewall (unless some 3rd party installed), and this is bad news already.

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
errr.JPG

thats what i got when i tried to install..

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
See here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327101
...and read my previous reply.

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
finally! thank you very much for the help.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're very welcome :)