Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! Cannot Play old game...

• Please log in to reply

lakers_fan95

lakers_fan95

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I installed Test Drive 6 on my lap top that is running Windows Vista (Which so far has given me nothing but trouble).

Whenever I try to play the game, it doesn't start. It sends me an error saying that 'the application could not start because DRMclien.dll was not found'. It also says that I should re install it. Which I've done about 100 times and have tried various 'solutions' to the problem. I'm aware that this is a sound file (I think) and I'm guessing that it didn't install onto the computer. But I have no idea...Which is why i'm here.

Please help!!!

Advertisements

cyclic

cyclic

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
DRMclien.dll is part of the copy protection software that cause problems with many systems.

This might help you. put in the system32 folder.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Keep in mind that this is nearly a 10 year old game and simply may not be vista compatible. What I would recommend is that you disable UAC (user account control). IF you haven't done this yet, then please do so and then try reinstalling the game.

lakers_fan95

lakers_fan95

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

DRMclien.dll is part of the copy protection software that cause problems with many systems.

This might help you. put in the system32 folder.

I don't understand what you're saying. Where do I obtain that file; 'DRMclien.dll'?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you can obtain it here: http://www.dll-files....shtml?drmclien

you will need to unzip this and play it into your c:\windows\system32 folder.

lakers_fan95

lakers_fan95

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

you can obtain it here: http://www.dll-files....shtml?drmclien

you will need to unzip this and play it into your c:\windows\system32 folder.

After i've installed it, and I try to play, it still says 'DRMclien.dll not found'.
I downloaded the file, and put it into the system 32 folder. But it still comes up with that message.