Sorry I could not help with the BSOD, hope you get it sorted out soon.
Lets go ahead and remove the tools used.
Please download OTCleanIt and save it to your Desktop.
- Double-click OTCleanIt.exe
- Click the CleanUp! button to begin removing tools used to clean your computer
- If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, please select Yes
Please remove any leftover tools used to clean your computer.
Reset and Re-enable your System Restore to remove infected files that have been backed up by Windows. The files in System Restore are protected to prevent any programs from changing those files. This is the only way to clean these files: (You will lose all previous restore points which are likely to be infected)
Please click Start>Control Panel>System and Maintenance>System>System Protection. And uncheck the checkboxes next to each hard drive listed under the Create restore points automatically on the selected disks, when you uncheck a disk there will be another screen pop up, please click Turn System Protection Off. After doing that please click Apply and then OK. Now please restart your computer and then start system restore again, to do this please do the following.
Please click Start>Control Panel>System and Maintenance>System>System Protection. And put a checkmark in the checkboxes next to each hard drive listed under the Create restore points automatically on the selected disks. After doing that please click Apply and then OK.
System Restore will now be active again.
The following is a list of tools and utilities that I like to suggest to people. This list is full of great tools and utilities to help you understand how you got infected and how to keep from getting infected again.
1. Spywareguard: Is realtime protection from spyware.
2. Spywareblaster: Helps protect against any bad ActiveX from installing on your computer.
3. SuperAntiSpyware: Use this program to help remove any spyware that may have gotten on your computer.
4. FireFox: This is a great alternate browser over Internet Explorer. Firefox is much more secure then Internet Explorer and also has a bulilt in pop up blocker.
5. ATF Cleaner: This program cleans out your temporary files. This is a great tool that can help speed your computer up.
6. Trillian or Miranda-IM - These are Malware free Instant Messenger programs which allow you to connect to multiple IM services in one program! (AOL, Yahoo, ICQ, IRC, MSN)
7. Windows Updates - It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.
To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections you can read this article by Tony Klein