Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new build problems

• Please log in to reply

xlcelt

xlcelt

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi, i have just built my first computer and all went well untill i tried to install windows xp home it installs the drivers then stops at a blue screen with the warning stop: 0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0xf748E0BF,0XF78DA208,0XF78D9F08)
pci.sys - Address F748E0BF base at F7487000, datestamp 3b7d855c.
any idea what could be the cause?

Advertisements

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
Let's see first if your RAM is working properly.

Try this with just one stick of RAM installed to check which RAM is bad.

1) Download Memtest86 ISO file. Ensure you select the "Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)" link of the latest version.
2) Burn the Memtest ISO file on a CD, follow the instructions in this How To Burn Image to Disc Guide by Troy.
3) Once your done, insert the CD onto your computer's DVD-drive and boot up the computer (press any key if asked to boot up from the CD/DVD).
4) The memtest program should automatically begin.

Post back your result.

xlcelt

xlcelt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
update on problem. i tried loading xphome instead of xphomesp2http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/blushing.gif now running ok.http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif