Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help uninstalling a game

• Please log in to reply

lordartex

lordartex

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
this is my first post everyone so sorry if it sounds demanding and what not lol....i am trying to uninstall the game Viva Pinata. when i try to play it it says installations was not complete..if i try to uninstall it it says im missing viva pinata/startup.exe. i tried running the windows recovery and it didnt work...i also tried CCleaner..and perfect uninstall and those didnt work either...im at a loss as to what to do from here

please help me lol :)

Advertisements

lordartex

lordartex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok im not sure if i did any thing wrong...been almost a day and not even a reply to say screw you or anything...but other people that post after me are getting replys? i dont know

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Have you tried using the Add/Remove programs app?

lordartex

lordartex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
yes i have..thank you for responding..lol..i tried and it said game was not installed successfully..but before i tried to uninstalled it i was playing it..so im not sure whats going on

cindyjoc

cindyjoc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the same issue with flip works, a Free Rides Game. If anyone has any thoughts, I'd appreciate it dearly. Thanks

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
in order to uninstall the game properly, you may need to first reinstall the game. After reinstall, it should be a matter of going through add / remove programs to uninstall it.

lordartex

lordartex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
the problem im haveing with that is when i insert the disk in the drive the menu the pops up only asks me if i want to play to uninstall...nothing about reinstalling the game...which is why im trying to get rid of it somehow

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Take a loot at this post and follow the instructions:

http://www.geekstogo...le-t169828.html

lordartex

lordartex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
thank you for the help..but one thing still stands in my way lol...when i look for the program after i install it..i have to go to program files and then the folder then start it up..when i start it up it automaticlly lists the programs on my computer...thats all great ..but.....when i scroll through the list of programs...viva pinata is not on there....so what i did was i went through and double checked if was even still on the hard drive..and yup sure enough it still lists it in the add/remove hardware list...so im still stuck lol :)

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
all that means is that the program installs via its own executable and not an msi. I would recommend that you delete the viva pinata install folder. once deleted you should be able to reinstall and uninstall to fully remove the product cleanly

Advertisements

lordartex

lordartex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok cool ill give that a try and let you know what happens

lordartex

lordartex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok im at a complete loss...the is not a file for the game in my program files or in the windows file(checked just to be sure) but its in the add/remove programs list still so i have no idea what to do

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I think this is a Microsoft games game... So try looking here;

c:\program files\microsoft

you might just look for vivapinata.exe or something like that using the search function.

If its just the add /remove programs entry, we can remove that by doing a registry edit.

lordartex

lordartex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok nothing in the mircosoft games folder..or the microsoft.net folder...we can try to registry thing if it will work...im just at a loss because if i put the disk in it asks me to play or uninstall...if the files wernt there wouldnt it say anything else

lordartex

lordartex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ne 1? lol