Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

start up problems, black screen

• Please log in to reply

mushu601

mushu601

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi to all,

hope someone can help. my comp started having problems starting up after restarts, stand bys and turn offs. i have own this comp for three years and has been good exp. restarting whenever it wanted to, once or twice a weak. took it back to best buy when it as new and they said it never did it for them. but it still does it, last week it started not bringing up windows and sticking on black screen with no pointer. i let it sit like that for 2 hr once and still nothing. i have tried f4 and f10 but still only starts window when it wants. i have to turn it on and off 2 or 3 times before it starts windows and i can't install any thing because it will not restart correctly to windows. i have the full versions System Mech and AVG and niether help. i dont know that much about comps but have acc to fam that does, more than me but they are stumped also. please help thank you for your time

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Keep tapping 'F8' as soon as you turn on the PC. This should bring up the 'Advanced Startup Options'
Choose "Last Known Good Configuration" and press [ENTER]

mushu601

mushu601

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks, would this be the same as "system restore" to a specific date?