Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop keyboard not working

• Please log in to reply

unbodi

unbodi

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
hey!

My windows xp 30 day activation period ended so I've format my laptop and installed another xp on it.

The problem is that the keyboard stopped working..The touch pad works at first but when I press a key on the keyboard the touch pad stops working so I must connect an external mice and keyboard for it to work..

I've updated the windows and nothing helped.

Anyone knows what to do/what's the problem? Thanks!

Edited by unbodi, 13 November 2008 - 02:31 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what's the make and model on the laptop?

also please go Here and tell me what it says?

unbodi

unbodi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

what's the make and model on the laptop?

also please go Here and tell me what it says?

thanks for the quick answer.
thats what I get from the site:
''Validation Complete!Thank you for completing the validation process and for using genuine Microsoft software.

By using genuine Microsoft software, you can be confident that you will have access to the latest features, security, and support, which will help to improve your productivity and expand the capabilities of your computer.

You will also have access to new innovations and offerings available only to genuine Microsoft software customers. ''

About the laptop: I'm not sure where I can find the model but the maker of the laptop is-LG.

edit:On my laptop is says: "K2 Pro Dual Express"--> is that the model?

Edited by unbodi, 13 November 2008 - 04:46 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
probably not the model...there should be a sticker or some writing somewhere that says what model it is..