Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

TRIED TO REPAIR XP PRO UNSECUSSFULL HELP

• Please log in to reply

elly13

elly13

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have just done a repair to my windows xp pro but when windows tries to install a error message comes fatal error which prevents windows from continuing.one of the components that windows needs to install couldnot be installed.incorrect funtion can anyone help please thankyou

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Re-formatting the partition to leave it totally empty, followed by a full re-install rather than a repair install may be required. Because this can happen at any time with little or no warning, it's wise policy to keep backups of your files on a different partition or on CDs. I hope you have been wise enough to do that.

Edited by phillip22, 13 November 2008 - 04:15 PM.