Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply

painster

painster

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I "reply-to" to a message, the message appears in the same folder that received the message and NOT "Sent Items"

Thots anyone?

Yes, I do have "rules" in effect.

There are multiple accounts being handled by this one application (8 to be exact).

Incoming mail is routed properly to correct folders.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Reply puts an arrow on the e-mail to show a reply has been sent, you should still get a copy in sent items

Edited by Keith, 04 May 2005 - 03:03 AM.

painster

painster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, Keith, but that's not the answer.

ANY message that is "replied to" ends up with that message (i.e what was just sent) in the same "folder" as the original. It appears as a "new message"

A "copy" IS NOT in the "Sent Items Folder".

This mailer manages mail for 8 separate accounts on two different servers, A filter exists for each account that is chedcked and places that mail in it's appropriate folder. (All mail is delivered to "In" and then you can see the filters applied).

I have tried to duplicate this on a separate PC with a different copy of OUTLOOK 2003, Performs as I would expect it to. ALL "sent mail" is moved to "Sent Items".

andy