Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

rootkit.win32.delf.af

• Please log in to reply

moneal75

moneal75

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi I have a virus on my computer rootkit.win32.delf.af

I have run:
Threatfire
Spybot
PC Tools Spyware Doctor
and my Virus program

None of them are picking it up except my virus program BUT it won't let me clean it off. It tells me I don't have permission. I'm pretty sure I'm the adminstrator (when I looked it says im logged on as owner, I didnt see an administrator option) but I'm at a loss as to what to do now!!!!! The darned box is popping up every 3 seconds saying I have a virus but it can't clean it off.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and reply here with your log.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

moneal75

moneal75

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your quick reply!!

Do I follow this one:
We offer self-help, malware removal guides for many common infections. Including these:
How to remove Outerinfo
How to remove Trojan.Zlob-X.a - IEDefender
How to remove trojan.w32.looksky
How-to remove Winfixer, Virtumonde, Msevents, Trojan.vundo (ATLDistrib object)
How-to remove SpyAxe, SpywareStrike, SpySheriff, Winhound, Smitfraud

Or this one:

Preparation:
ATF Cleaner - Download - Homepage
This will remove unneeded temporary files from your system, make automated scans that follow run faster, and save you time.
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browser
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browser
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

I guess what I'm asking is do I install everythign the guide recommends? There are sevearl things to DL on that page. Do I start with the STEP 1 in red font?

I appriciate your help!!!

moneal75

moneal75

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I finally got it to work and THANK YOU!!!

I thought I would post this in case you find it helpful for someone else.
I was infected in apptdata\Google with a rootkit.win32.delf.al file. I was also getting that stupid pop up box trying to get me to download that defender program. NOTHING was picking that up.

I ran:
Spyware doctor
Threatfire
spybot
my virus scan which is F-secure (whatever that means).

My virus scan was telling me I had that rootkit virus but would not let me delete it, it was saying I didnt have permission!

I installed Malwarebytes and ran the scan. It picked up the rootkit virus (trojan?) and also the defender pop up box file. It let me delete everything but the rootkit, so I rebooted it and it was still there.

I ran my virus scan and this time it let my virus scan delete it.

I dont know what Malwarebytes did but THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a horrible drama that I spent 5 days on!!!!

I'm wondering though how come it took me running malwarebytes before my virus scan could delete it? Also what does that virus/trojan do (had I not been able to delete it)?