Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot print to lexmark C530 on a network

• Please log in to reply

Andrew Fenner

Andrew Fenner

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
We have a Lexmark C530 on a small home network. The Lexmark connects into a wireless router (provided by Sky, our ISP) via an ethernet cable. The router also has an HP All in One connected to it via a JetDirect 170X Print Server. We have 3 computers connected to the network. 2 via wi-fi, one (an Apple G5) physically connected via an ethernet cable into the router.

The system has been working perfectly, then in the last few days, we cannot print the Lexmark. We can still print to the All in One. Now whenever we try and print, we get the pop up message "This document failed to print". The job then just stays stuck on the print queue. To my knowledge, nothing has changed. None of the computers can print to the Lexmark.

Any suggestions as to what may have happened and how I can fix it?

Cheers.

:)

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Check your IP address on the Lexmark, (this assumes that your using direct IP as your network connection). If you know what the IP address is, try to ping it from one of your systems. If your system cannot successfully ping the printer, it will not be able to print. I'm not to familar with the Lexmark C530, but check to see that it is on the right settings for your network, (IP and subnet)