How is it running now??
Random poups! Need aid! [RESOLVED]
Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:41 PM
I recommend checking the http://www.microsoft.com website periodically for critical updates to install.
Here are some tips, to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future, I strongly recommend installing the following applications (be sure to go through the whole list! A firewall is definitely something you need!):
Ewido Security Suite <= Protection against Trojans, Worms, Dialers, Hijackers, Spyware, and Keyloggers.
CleanUp! <= to clear your temporary files periodically to clear out items that may hide in their as well as free some disk space.
ActiveScan<= To check your system periodically for viruses that may not be picked up by your in-system virus-scan.
Detect and Remove Programs:
- How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Ad-Aware.
- How to use Spybot to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Spybot. Similar to Ad-Aware, I strongly recommend both to catch most spyware.
- Spywareblaster <= SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.
- Spywareguard <= SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
- MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well known ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
- Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
Edited by bananafanafo, 19 May 2005 - 11:41 PM.
Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:12 AM
The PC is real clean now, free from pesky popups.
You guy are real awesome! Thank you very much!
Edited by fak, 22 May 2005 - 07:12 AM.
Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:28 AM
Since this topic has been resolved, I'm going to go ahead and close it. If the original poster has any other problems, just PM me or another staff member and we'll re-open it for you!
Everyone else please post a new topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users