Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

*.rar file won't open saying "unknown format or damaged"

• Please log in to reply

xxsassxx31

xxsassxx31

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hello....beforehand I want to thank you for your help regarding the problems I can't seem to fix. I am using Windows Vista and I have run scandisk/disk defrag/computer cleanup with various programs so all of that is taken care of for a possible "solution". I looked on various help and resource sites but can't seem to fix my problems!

First off, I don't know what is going on with my rar files but I have winrar and 7zip and everything was working fine but now every time I download compressed "Rar" files it seems to not open and give an error message that the archive is either in an "unknown format or damaged". I know this is not the case because I try to use it on multiple and various rar files I have downloaded and this is even happening on files that I have had on my computer and have worked in the past but that is not working now so I don't know what to do...I have attached a screenshot of the error message: http://www.mediafire...c7f9d03334g.jpg

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
where are you getting the rar files from?