Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need the links to saved images, where can I find this, is it possibl

• Please log in to reply

bzagor

bzagor

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I need the original links of photos I took from sites for a project. When I saved them, I right clicked and chose save as. Is there a way to recover where I got the photo from?
thankyou!!
Brittany

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Saving the images themselves does not save the links. There are several options to use, but the easiest may be for you may be to copy/paste the images into Word after right-clicking on each image and selecting View Image from the Context Menu. You can then copy/paste the hyperlink for each image using your browser's address window.

If you have multiple images on a page, you could go to File Menu>Save Page As and select Web page complete from the drop down menu. Then save to folder of choice or to Desktop.

bzagor

bzagor

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks ron!
but that's only for in the future right? not for obtaining the old photos links that I have already?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If you saved images and did not log the URLs for them, then you will not be able to get the links except by trying to find the same sites and going through the procedure(s) stated for each image.

There is a nice little add-on for Firefox that helps to get ALL image links on a page so you can copy/paste them into an HTML document or Word.

jsef120

jsef120

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
sometimes if you DL or save images dont change its names, the image filenames that im using for photoshop serves as an ID tag to know where it came from or the person who made it