Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual montior.. not so much.

• Please log in to reply

wolfskin75

wolfskin75

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Radeon X1250 Graphic Controller, Shared upto 512MB Memory, thats what I have now. Its an internal card, but it has hdmi port, a vga and a Dvi. I recently bought a 22" widescreen monitor and I am currently using my old 15" :) montior and hooking it vga. The monitor does have a DVI port on the back ( the old one) but I haven't got a Dvi splitter yet. It's not working out so great... In fact pretty bad. I have to juggle the on on swicthes during boot up cause the new monitor with not be primary till after boot up. or if I take off the old monitor during boot up it takes me forever to get it back on and ... let's not even get into the icon sorting... ( :wave: ) sooooo, long story longer.... I have a spot left for a graphics card... but I want to get all i have .. if not more. I don't overclock or anything like that...

first) is the a way to make my current set-up work for now...
Second ) which would be the best card for what I want to do...

OHHHH I should tell you that that I am photographer and getting into 3d modeling, video production and using it as a media hub. I am not a big pc gamer, but would like to concentrate on image processing, getting a bigger (42" vizo tv) to hook my computer up too for editing, and video . and buy another 22" monitor and have it work flawlessly dual screen. :) can anyone point my in the right direction.

Advertisements

wolfskin75

wolfskin75

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks for all the advice so far... it's been overwhelming...