Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installed program list

• Please log in to reply

KITTY44

KITTY44

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was using "Revo" to unintall some programs. At the start of the list of installed programs, there are several listings that are identified only by a long string of hex characters, for example: FCCDA302-32D9-4AE7-A094-4BE677554F26. I also tried another uninstaller program and it also listed these same ones. They do not show up in the "Programs and Features" list in Vista. Does anyone know what these programs are?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
FCCDA302-32D9-4AE7-A094-4BE677554F26 looks like InstallShield leftover.
In Windows Explorer, go to C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information, and I'm pretty sure, you'll find a subfolder with the above numbers.
As to why, it's listed in Revo, I can only guess....some uninstallation was incomplete.
Is same thing listed in "Programs and Features" in Control Panel?

KITTY44

KITTY44

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Broni, Thank you. You are exactly right. I emailed Revo and that is what they said, leftovers from previous uninstalls. I used Revo to get rid of all of them.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I'm glad, you sorted it out :)