Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Game Online Fails, Singleplayer is Fine

• Please log in to reply

majortharmas

majortharmas

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Recently, I am having trouble playing my games online. When I log in to the online modes of Red Alert 3 and CoD4 I have extremely low FPS. For CoD4 my menu screen also has bad fps! However, when I play single player for these games they run like a charm. My internet connection is fine, CoD4 shows my ping to be in the low 40s, however my FPS is [bleep]. I can do anything on the internet, just for some reason my online fails when it comes to running games. Even Crysis runs amazing! All of my single player runs amazing!

My specs:

2 gigs of ram
Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.00 GHz (2 CPUS)
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 mb

I am a computer noob though, so try to put everything in simple terms! If you need any more information I'd be happy to help; Thanks in advance!

Advertisements