Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

T1 DSU/CSU

• Please log in to reply

Reddoug

Reddoug

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
Hi All

I am working on my CCNA and have aquired 3 old cisco 2600 routers that have T1 DSU/CSU cards in them. Is there away to connect them together like with serial cables? My instructor does not think that I will be able to do it. Trying to set up a lab.

Thanks, Doug

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
As far as I know you cannot connect two or more routers together. Only one router per setup is allowed.

Reddoug

Reddoug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
You can hook routers together with cat5 crossover cables in the ethernet ports and serial cables with dce/dte and set clock rate on dce end on serial ports. I am trying to find away to connect the T1 ports together. I am want to practice setting up frame-relay, dhcp, ppp chap, nat for my CCNA cert test.

Doug

Reddoug

Reddoug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
Found away to make a crossover T1 cable and it works. YA!!

Doug