Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Window Media Player causes shut down

• Please log in to reply

holiday dave

holiday dave

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi can any one help a novice user please?

Every time I open windows media player my computer does a shut down then restarts with a system scan.

I have tried uninstalling media player 11 and re installing but this has not helped.

attached is a HT Log
Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks

Attached Files

Edited by holiday dave, 18 November 2008 - 02:52 AM.

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Any error messages on the blue screen would be helpful to know.
can't respond to your HJT log since I'm not authorised or trained to read them, and in any event you should have posted
it here please: http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html

Don't worry, don't repost it yet unless it goes unanswered. usually a wrongly posted HJT log will come to a moderater's attention and you should get a response from one of the malware team without having to re-post.

holiday dave

holiday dave

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I dont think I Meant a blue screen, what happens it that the minute I open WMP the machine shuts down, then it comes back on a does a system scan. Then windows re starts.

I attached a log because I thought that what you were supposed to do. Dont know if it would be of any help.

holiday dave

holiday dave

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
As I cannot reslove this problem I am having my machine formatted.