Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Emachine's 3210

• Please log in to reply

snottoken

snottoken

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi i have a emachine's 3210 system i want to upgrade the best i can!? i know the motherboard is intel D845GVSR,i have searched for spec on line but cant find it?! this i what im aiming for.
1)radeon x1650 agp(I HAVE NO PCI-EX SLOT)512?
2)up grading from 512meg---2gb pc2700?
3)the cpu is celeron 2.7 so i dont know on this one?(P4 dual core)?
4)300w psu 400 or 500watt psu?
5)dont know what HDD as i have 80GBHHD at momen
can anyone can help
thanks.

Edited by snottoken, 16 November 2008 - 09:16 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Best thing you can do to any eMachines is give it a new power supply if it hasn't had one already. Bestecs die spectacularly, let's put it that way.

The machine has no graphics slots so a new graphics card is not going to happen.
Memory is upgradable - up to 2Gb.
Processor upgrade wise - while it is upgradable it's probably not worth doing as the board will be a cheap piece of under performing garbage anyway. It doesn't support dual-core.
PSU - realistically any power supply will be better than the Bestec it came with.
HDD wise - depends what you want to do, 80Gb is typically more than enough.

snottoken

snottoken

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Best thing you can do to any eMachines is give it a new power supply if it hasn't had one already. Bestecs die spectacularly, let's put it that way.

The machine has no graphics slots so a new graphics card is not going to happen.
Memory is upgradable - up to 2Gb.
Processor upgrade wise - while it is upgradable it's probably not worth doing as the board will be a cheap piece of under performing garbage anyway. It doesn't support dual-core.
PSU - realistically any power supply will be better than the Bestec it came with.
HDD wise - depends what you want to do, 80Gb is typically more than enough.

After to day and thinking things through im better of building a newer cheaper core 2 set up,i did find out though i could of put in a pci AGP card,but for the price of one of them spend a little more to get a good pci-ex card.

Attached Thumbnails

• bottom_5_124x69.jpg