Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Verification & Site Map

• Please log in to reply

ckluge

ckluge

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am an independent consultant for Scentsy. I pay monthly to have my own site off of theirs which basically is their layout with my chosen name at the end. What I am allowed to edit within that one page can be in html coding. However, it's only my page I create around their layout so I have no access to their original "head, body, etc." coding surrounding that. My question is with this limited access how do I get verified with Google and add a site map? Since I have nowhere to insert the meta file in the "head" section I don't see how I can go that route with verifying. And I have no idea how I can upload a file. It lets me use html code to insert images and other coding but like I said, it's totally blank currently and up to me to create in its entirety. I am at a loss on how to get Google to find me. I know it can be done because other Scentsy consultants pop right up on Google.....in particular one. Can anyone help me please?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Have you looked at the content on the other consultant's pages? I can't get in to see any of them so you'll have to look and see what content they put on the page to get such good ranking. I would think that if you follow their example and, see if you can submit your page to Google, that your ranking may improve.

Some links I can get to might help, but I'm at a loss right now.