Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

floppy disc

• Please log in to reply

meem

meem

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi does anyone know how i can recover my floppy disc drive,not to put anything on i have tons of saved items on my floppy drive,but when i had a card reader installed it came back minus the floppy drive.
When you put a 3 and a half floppy in it comes up with a please insert a disc into A drive,it is a A drive,but also it has developed a 5 and a quarter drive ,but i only have one drive.

Advertisements

BryanW

BryanW

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
If the floppy drive is bad, i would recommend just to replace it. They are quite cheap and usually not worth the time\effort to try and fix. Not saying it can't be fixed, it may just be a bad cable or loose connection. But if the drive itself is bad, prob just replace it.

meem

meem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
:) :) Thanks Bryan,
I have an external floppy,its a pain getting it set up,but thanks you are probably right.
love healing and peace
Meem x