Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Compenent MSINET.OCX or of its dependencies not correct

• Please log in to reply

ashprice01

ashprice01

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OK I have a problem which is driving me crazy so please help if you can.

I have just restored my pc's factory settins, so everything has been wiped.

I have not loaded any programs or software on to the pc, except one game I am trying to use.

The game works fine on my laptop and I get no error messages. But when I try and open the game on my pc I get the following message:

"Compenent "MSINET.OCX"or of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

I have downloaded the "MSINET.OCX" file and I have put it in the folder "C:\WINDOWS\system32"

I then type RegSvr32 msinet.ocx in the Start/Run, it the say the registration is successful.

I try to open the game again the error message still comes up.

I have tried another method of trying to register the, "MSINET.OCX" file

by downloading the MSINET.OCX file with another file, putting them in the same folder and clicking install. This also does not fix the problem.

I have tried it on both windows XP Home and Windows XP Proffessional but still get the message.

PLEEEAASSSEE HEEELLLP.

I am not a computer wizz but I have tried everything I have found on the web to do, but no luck, please someone with more brains than me help, thank you, Ash.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi ashprice01...welcome to Geeks To Go... :)

first thing to try is go to windows update and get ALL the updates...
nojoy..
try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it...