Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VGA Help needed

• Please log in to reply

fazeel1981

fazeel1981

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My system specs are as follows,
Intel® Core™2 Quad Q9550
4GB CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz
ASUS® P5Q3 DELUXE/WiFi
1024MB GEFORCE 9800GT PCI Express
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER
450W Quiet Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan
Window VISTA Home
When i turned the system on for the first time, it showed an error message which was something like the power to the graphic card is not sufficient, so it might not work properly.I ignored that message.

Now the device manager and the system properties say that the graphic card is working fine.The thing is that the windows and direct x are detecting the card as 9800GT with 1GB memory but it is only the games that are not working properly. Even the display i am running is 1680x1050 pixel and it is crystal clear.

when i try to play a few games like far cry 2 and test Drive unlimited the graphics are not what i expected them to be.I used to have the 512mb 7300GT from Nvidia with Core2duo. Its graphics were much better than this system. For information i have directx 10 and the nvidia drivers date is November 11, 2008. I am really frustrated now. can anyone suggest what might be the problem? As for me it was my dream computer and now its becoming nightmare.
Many thanks,
FR

P.S.Another thing is that the motherboard software which is called "Asus Six Engine" says, no VGA Detected please install supported VGA (VGA QVL)"
I have seen asus website and 9800GT is specifically a QVL supported card.
I am very sad now

Edited by fazeel1981, 16 November 2008 - 08:06 PM.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
As it said the video card is not recieving enough power to perform high end graphics ( games ). Either there is a place to plug in extra power that is not plugged in or you need a bigger power supply or both.