Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Error

• Please log in to reply

heyage13

heyage13

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I just bought a laptop in July (Sony Vaio VGN-CR520D). The internet connection has worked, however a couple of days ago it just stopped working. I am trying to connect to a D-Link router. Any ideas as to what can be the issue.

P.S I have also tried connecting it directly to the back of the modem, and that also was unsuccessful.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisements

heyage13

heyage13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
** I should have added that I am trying to connect wirelessly. Thanks

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Is your WiFi connection reporting that it is connected? Click on Start, control panel and Network Connections. This control panel will list all your network connections and give you a quick status, (ie Connected, Limited Connection, or Not Connected). If it does say its connected, right click on the WiFi and left click on Status. Sometimes ADSL routers can get confused especially after a power surge. Turn your router off and then back on. This will force the router to re-initialize, give it about 3 to 4 minutes to finish. If other systems are still working on the internet ok, then obviously this will not help.

If you know how you also should check the router and make sure it is getting its signal ok.